Crossing the Border Without a Passport: Lion, Tiger, & Kangaroo Sightings!!


Despite the busyness of the semester's end, I have found it quite beneficial to have balance in my life. Exercise, sleep, eating, etc. I think balance also applies to the school/break ratio. Yes, I need to get all my school done...but it's also important to take a break now and then and have fun. Last week with it being Thanksgiving break and all I had a lighter school load. So I took the opportunity to visit the Potawanami Zoo in South Bend, Indiana, roughly an hour south of Berrien.

I had never been before and so was very excited to go! It was great, it was the late season and a week morning, so I basically had the place to myself. It's a smaller zoo, but definitely still great. I was especially excited because this my first trip in a while that I brought along my telephoto lens. I thought that it would help me in capturing great shots of the animals from safe distances, and boy was that right!! So without further adeiu...here's some of my favorite pictures!

 Hands down, my favorite exhibit was the tigers. Such BIG cats, I was not expecting how truly big they are!! Honestly such incredibly beautiful creatures. I could not get over it. I made multiple visits to their exhibit and spent quite a bit of time there each time.

 Some of my favorite shots here.





The various leopards and the lions were also pretty cool!!





 LOVED getting this shot of the lion roaring! It was actually pretty loud. Definitely announced who was "king of the cage" ;)


I don't ever remember seeing zebras before! It was really fun to just slow down and take it all in, not necessary have a time schedule or anything. So fun to be one of the only people there and plenty of access to the exhibits.

 Kangaroos!

 Birds....


The prairie dogs were SO CUTE!!!! And of course, the telephoto lens helped out tons. I think the one below is my favorite.





But it's the camel who gets the last laugh here!! Seriously, I was cracking up when I saw this shot. The camel was probably just yawning, but it looks like he is laughing! I've already strategically used this shot for a couple funny "Hump Day" posts... ;) Talk to ya later!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!