Visiting the St. Joseph North Pier Lighthouse


This afternoon one of my friends from church invited me to go with her and some other young people we know for an afternoon expedition to the North Pier Lighthouse in St. Joseph. It was lots of fun! It was a chilly but beautiful day, and hardly anyone else was there. Pure awesomeness :D

I had not been to this lighthouse before, so I really enjoyed the opportunity to both have fun hanging out with friends and experience a part of Michigan that I had not been to before. I was so glad that I brought my camera! It was interesting - even though it was bright and sunny, there was still quite a bit of ice on the pier. My friends had lots of fun knocking the ice off  into the lake in spectacular fashion, or posing in funny shots with uniquely shaped ice formations! A good time was definitely had by all...and following are some of my photos for your enjoyment! :)










 Above, is the smaller lighthouse at the very end of the pier. Below is a shot of the bigger lighthouse from the same vantage point.

 Selfie :D

This trip reminded me of one of my new favorite songs, by Rend Collective called "My Lighthouse". Below is a video of it if you are interested.



All in all, an awesome day with awesome friends!

Comments