Florida 2018: McLarty Treasure Museum


It's been a wild month for me! Lots of exciting things happening at school, plus I just got back from a long weekend trip to visit my grandparents near Detroit. Before I share about that, however, I should really finish up my Florida series! Two more posts to go!

This one is on our visit to the McLarty Treasure Museum in Sebastian, Florida. It was a small though nice state run museum on the local history of treasure collection and shipwrecks. This area has had a lot of both (especially with the Spanish in the 1700's), and it was fun to both see the artifacts and hear the stories. Following are some of the pictures I took. I highly recommend visiting if you ever find yourself down there!!

 I really liked this ship model!!





Trade routes.

Outside there was a really nice boardwalk to the beach, and a cool pirate flag to boot!!




That's it for this time, folks! One more Florida 2018 blog post to go! :D

-Austin

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!