Cambridge Junction Historic State Park


Hi all,

So a few weeks ago I had the opportunity to spend a long weekend with my grandparents who live in southeast Michigan. I going to school in southwest Michigan, got to experience six hours of farm lands and small towns! Haha. The scenery was great, but the trip did get a little long. About half way through, I stopped at Cambridge Junction Historic State Park to (you choose my most important goal):

A) Use the portapotty
B) Stretch my legs
C) Enjoy some history

Yup, A) is right! ;) But the other two answers were partially true too. The park preserves the site of what used to be a hotel/tavern/stopover on the Detroit-Chicago stagecoach line (evidently I am not the first traveler on this route!). Unfortunately most of the buildings were closed when I was there, but I did enjoy walking around. Here are some of my pictures!





 This marker shares that this was the junction point of the Chicago turnpike with the Monroe turnpike that came from Lake Erie. The tavern (pictured below) was built in 1833.



Right as I was leaving, a worker opened up the barn. I greatly enjoyed seeing the Conestoga wagon replica and all the different displays!














That's it for this trip, folks!

To be continued...

Comments