FINALLY - Visiting Warren Woods State Park



You may remember that back in February I tried to go out and visit Warren Woods State Park. You may also remember my sharing that due to recent flooding, the park entrance was closed off and I was unable to go.

Well, seven months later and not a cloud in the sky, yesterday I decided would be a good time for a second try. I had had a great church service, but was ready for some fresh air and sunshine. A hike in the woods and drive to a new place (read: adventure!!) seemed to fit the bill quite nicely ;)

I had a beautiful - albeit long - drive through the Michigan backcounty to reach the park. While as the crow flies Warren Woods is much closer than Warren Dunes, roadwise it is actually about twice as far. While I don't think I will visit again, I am happy I went once. Nice to now have visited all 3/3 state parks here in Berrien County.

Without further adieu, here's some of my photos!

 The woods call...

 There was a nice stream and bridge over it. I really enjoyed snapping various shots of the bridge!



 A foretaste of autumn!
 I just really liked all the light in play here...



 Signs and info about the park and Mr. Warren himself.


Till the next time...

Comments