Visiting the Historic Adventist Village

Hey everyone!

Several weekends ago I had the chance to visit the Historic Adventist Village over in Battle Creek with some of my pastor friends. For those of you who don't know, Adventism basically started in Battle Creek back in the mid-1850's, and the Village is a really nice collection of original buildings the Adventist pioneers lived and worked in back in the day.

It's one thing to know the stories; it's another thing entirely to have a concrete visual on what their homes and churches looked like, to imagine these stories happening in the very pews and rooms you are sitting in! My parents first took me back in 2013, but it was a lot of fun to go again. In 2013 I had filmed a guided tour of the Village, so this time I focused on taking photos (as well as thoroughly filming a guided tour of the nearby Oak Hill Cemetery, coming to a YouTube channel near you late 2019!). I took pictures in three main locations: the David Hewitt log cabin, the James and Ellen White home, and the transplanted Parkville, MI Adventist church. Anyways, here are my photos and I hope you enjoy them! :)

Austin


 I really enjoyed playing around with angles and lighting. It was a real treat to take photos in a place that was so historically accurate. It really felt like the pioneers had just walked out for a minute, and I had stepped in!


 James and Ellen White home, at its' original location. I loved all the roses that are blooming there now!


Going inside...
 If you take the time to look around and linger, you find some really cool shots (like the next few). Still not sure why I like them, but I really really do!!





 Dining room.

 Original copies of some of Mrs. White's books.
 More cool shots...
 

 The flowers were LOVELY!!

Inside the church, hearing really cool stories of what happened in that church so many years ago. 

Whether or not you're into Adventist history, I highly recommend visiting the Historic Adventist Village. Even just as an American history museum it's really, really nice; but of course, if you're into Adventist history it is even more special. 

Till next time!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!