A Warren Dunes Christmas


Well, with the upcoming winter weather system and all, I knew that the last several days' worth of good weather would be the last time I could head out to Warren Dunes before the end of 2018. The thing was, I was in the midst of finals study, so as today I finished finals (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I headed on out. Even though the forecast said it was going to be mostly cloudy.

It felt really, really great to get on out there again after almost two months of not going out - last month I chose to go to Dowagiac Woods and the Potawatomi Zoo instead. Only one other car was there, two people walking down on the beach. I first climbed the little hill right between the parking lot and the beach, and to my great delight found that while it was cloudy most everywhere else, right around the setting sun there was a small patch of nice blue sky. Well, the sun was shining through the clouds to be specific. Anyways, the sun shone like a dream on a little river/creek that fed into the lake, and I had a blast taking photos. I had not been this far south on the beach for some time. It was a cold, cloudy, and brief visit, but I had a great time and here are some of my favorite pictures to share with you! :)

~Austin

 Loved the grasses.
 So, so beautiful. Yeah guys, winter in Michigan this year has been really rough ;)

The sun's reflections on this little river was my main focus of this trip; it was enjoyable playing around with various compositions. 


The river almost looks bigger than it really is in this shot above.
 And now onto the beach proper. Love the reflections in the surf!!

 Which of these photos is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below! :)


Day is dying in the west...
And finally a self-portrait. See you next time!!

Comments