Butterflies at the Botanical Gardens!


My week has been good :) While there is still lots of new stuff to learn, overall it is a very smooth transition academically. The grad students are welcoming, the professors friendly, and yes I still remember how to crank with a capitol C!! 

Yesterday evening as a bit of a reprieve I spent some time at the botanical gardens. I really enjoyed my time; and especially was delighted at all the butterfly photos I was able to capture. I hope you enjoy them! :)

-Austin

 Happy happy happy! I like the color yellow  :D

 Beautiful setting for a bench.
 Not sure what species this flower is, but it sure is lovely! :)

 Such an inviting path...

 Jatropha integerrima above, and very likely Helianthus annuus below.

 Some pretty periwinkle - I want to learn the exact species!

 A Firey Skipper butterfly above, and Red-Banded Hairstreak butterfly below!

 Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, Georgia's state butterfly!

This is my favorite shot. Till next time! :)

Comments