T minus 4 days and counting...


Well, I'm finally here at UGA!! I know, I know, no photos of me on campus yet...I've just been too busy being an official professional adult with paying bills, attending orientation meetings, and learning how to navigate around.

Moved into my apartment this past Monday. My parents and sister kindly helped me unpack and set up house, which to my delight included finding that an Aldi's was not far away - I love all their great food and low prices! Tuesday I attended my first orientation meeting. Everything went super well - thankfully, no surprises. The professors leading out basically said "Welcome, we're glad you're here, and get ready to work hard!" Honestly the practices that they said they want us students to adhere to are very similar to those of my previous grad school, so I think I will get along just fine. Plus, you know that I have fun working hard! I've also had the chance to sign up for classes and pick up my textbooks, on trees! I am so excited to be doing more learning this fall. Honestly, the best reward for finishing a master's I think is going onto more schooling, and I'm super grateful to be continuing my education here at Georgia. Hard but good work is ahead :)

I've also had the chance to explore the local area a little bit. Tuesday (with my family) and Wednesday (by myself) I went to the local botanical gardens, which are actually quite spectacular! Thursday I visited Watson Mill Bridge State Park which is about half hour east of Athens, and was able to capture some really nice pictures of the bridge in sunrise golden hour. Yesterday I went out to eat with some new grad student friends, and today I attended church for the first time here in Athens. I met some super nice people there, and the pastor even invited over for lunch, which I thought was super sweet!

Next week I have my remaining orientation meetings, and classes/rotations begin on Wednesday. So the adventures begin real soon! Following are some pictures that I've taken lately, esp. at the botanical gardens and bridge. I hope you enjoy them! :)

~Austin

My "First Day of my 21st Year of School" photo ;)



























***

Till next time!!

Comments