Double Trouble at Tallulah Gorge


Guess it's been a little while since I've blogged! Been busy, been good. I have (and continue to) read lots of scientific papers, and once a week, I am going out with a senior graduate student working on a small project, of sampling herbaceous diversity in a nearby forest. I'm really enjoying the experience!!

This past weekend one of my good friends came to visit me, and while having fun catching up, we drove up to and explored Tallulah Gorge State Park. I had never been before; I really enjoyed the experience. Definitely a very pretty gorge and waterfalls, and we certainly got our exercise walking up and down all those stairs! I really enjoyed my visit and look forward to visiting again with more friends and family. Attached are some of the pictures that I took that I thought you might enjoy. Hopefully I can go again and photograph the gorge when the fall colors hit!

~Austin

 Some of the first falls that we saw. They were very pretty, and just outside of the visitor's center.



 On the suspension bridge!!

 Peering over...






 I really liked this vantage point, at the base of the falls.
...so we can prove to our moms that we were here ;)
 More beautiful falls...
 View of the dam.
 Nice park sign.
Double trouble!! Till next time...


Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!