Warren Dunes Sunset Social - Edition #2


I have really enjoyed having my Michigan state parks pass this year thus far. The closest state park is still half hour away, which definitely racks up the miles. But if I keep my visiting to say once a month or so, and I go with friends, well that makes the extra 32 miles worth it :)

Last month I took another of my friends to watch a Warren Dunes sunset, and I knew that my vespers/church group of friends would also really enjoy the experience. So I happily convinced them to come with me tonight :) It was quite chilly (the high today was 32 degrees), and certainly a) by the coast and b) at sunset it was definitely cooler. But we had a beautiful sunset, I got some pretty decent shots, and most of all I just really enjoyed spending quality time with my friends :) Such a great way to close a spectacular Sabbath!!!

It was also quite fun to photograph the seemingly endless numbers of gulls who were at the beach. Great sunset, great time, with great friends...but when we got back in my car and turned on the heater no one complained! Anyway, without further adieu...enjoy my pictures! :D

 What it looked like when we first got there.
Loved the birds in the foreground to add interest! And that they were silhouetted! 
 Lauren having a blast running into the birds. 
First thing that pops into my mind: "the joy of the Lord is your strength..." ~Nehemiah 8:10



“But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.” – Job 12:7-10



 Arthur exploring.
 Loved trying to center the sun behind this grass!




 I really liked the reflection of the sun in this shot.
 The last act in the show. Day is dying in the west...

Comments