The Flowers of Warren Dunes (Plus a Sunset!)


Last night I decided it was time to make my monthly pilgrimage out to Warren Dunes. Unfortunately, just about everyone else and their neighbor thought it was a great idea too!! Ahhh...that's what you get for visiting Michigan's most popular state park on a summer weekend!! Anyways, I still had grand fun - rather than staying right on the beach by the parking lot, I hiked some trails up to some more remote (and less populated) portions of the beach. En route, I was able to see lots of pretty flowers! And the sunset was really pretty too! And without further adieu, enjoy my photos! :D

You can catch a little view of the dunes from this shot, which was taken right next to the parking lot on my way away from the crowds. One of these days, I'll actually climb the dunes themselves and do a whole post on it! Believe me - there very much are dunes in Warren Dunes SP! ;)
 Asclepias syriaca, broadleaf milkweed.
 Haven't been able to ID this one yet :(
 Euphorbia corollata, flowering spurge.
 Pretty sure this is Moehringia lateriflora, blunt-lead sandwort.
Maaaybe Erythranthe moschata, musk flower. Not entirely sure though.
 Does this look like a Michigan tourism picture or what?!? Just goes to show ya...getting good shots is not about being in some famous location, but all about having an eye for composition and lighting.
 A family was having fun flying their kite!

 Every time I visit Warren Dunes I try to take slightly different shots. This trip I enjoyed using sticks in my sunset compositions...so much fun!!



 I really like this shot!!
 Hey! I caught the kite! :D


 The stunning finale...

Till next time!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!